Sunday, September 15, 2013

Homesteading on a Dimes first post....

This is the first post of my first blog.
This blog is intended to document the building of my rural homestead in the mountains of Alaska.
This is a real homestead, being built on thin dimes. I'm not rich, nor do I have any investments or passive income. I work during the short summer season (100 day's), in order to finance my homestead the rest of the year. I am on a cash and carry system, utilizing NO credit.
While there are a lot of recreational cabins in Alaska, that get used infrequently, I'm on my land full time (except to work)...
While I've learned a lot, I am by no means an expert on anything. Any advice, tips or techniques I may describe are not intended to be the only or even best answer to an issue. I just know what works for me.
Since I have been working on my place slowly but surely for the last six years I will try and recap a bit to bring you up to speed.
I will try and post on a regular basis in order to make the information as complete as possible. If you have any specific questions on a topic I'm discussing please feel free to ask.
I do highly recommend, that if you are interested in living off grid, that you try and get to know and talk with people who are doing what you "think" you want to do. Talk to people from the area you wish to relocate too, and glean as much information as you can. The "locals" are a wealth of information and will save you much headache and heartache!!
So wit that I will close my introductory post...
Thank you, and goodnight...


No comments:

Post a Comment